Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Can you tell me how to get.....

Every day on Sesame Street they have a "word of the day." It's usually something pretty applicable to daily life. Today it was "appetite." Well I have an appetite for good words.

My word of the day: Facetious.

Why today?

Why not today? It's my favorite word!

Why is it my favorite word?

Think about what a good word it is! It's fun to say, a little tricky to spell, and so much fun to be. While I have little to no tolerance for sarcasm (mainly because I lack the social perceptiveness to discern between sarcasm and just plain mean), facetiousness can be more lighthearted and full of whimsy.

So, Sesame Street, teach my children some fun words to really advance their vocabularies. My precocious children, who snack on spinach and Asiago salads, demand more obscure words from talking puppets.

And I'm not just being facetious.

No comments:

Post a Comment