Monday, July 11, 2011

Green acres and acres of garbage

I was recently attempting to make strides in my effort to be a good steward of God's creation. I try to sort the recycling from the legitimate trash, and walk to the farm market with my reusable grocery bags in tow. I even considered cloth diapering for like, a day (the idea of poop-filled plastic festering in a landfill for 500 years made me feel like a bit of a fiend for contributing to the crap-pile).

But.... I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on cloth diapers, and have to rinse poo off of my children all day. Additionally, I'd rather my house smell like the sanitizing, cancer causing, earth-killing chemicals in my kitchen cleaner than use the main ingredient in my favorite salad dressing to clean the house.

Besides, is using biodegradable nappies really going to make a dent in the imminent destruction being imposed upon our planet when I receive piles of junk mail in amounts comparable to Dumbledore trying to tell Harry Potter he's a wizard? (sorry, spoiler alert)

No comments:

Post a Comment