Friday, November 25, 2011

Story time!

The Leaky Roof.

I walked in to find the bathroom floor soaking wet and water rushing like a waterfall from the vent in the ceiling....(slightly exaggerated for dramatic effect. "slow trickle" might be more accurate) In those brief moments of horrific discovery I pictured my house slowly morphing into 320 Sycamore, complete with a serenading policeman and cab-driver outside my window. 

All I could do was yell "Bucket! I need a bucket!!" and put my hands on my face Macaulay Culkin-style. The husband attempted to allay my hysteria as I ran toward the basement to fetch a pail for water. He gave me a figurative slap across the face and yelled "we don't need a bucket!" I was convinced he had somehow miraculously repaired the leak in the 10 seconds I had been flailing around the house.

He didn't.

However, he did repair my obsession with a bucket.

He opened the toilet, and the water from the vent, which was situated directly above, had a lovely compartment in which to drain.

Duh.

Just goes to show, God knows how to give you a leaky roof on your birthday. He simply puts it directly above the built-in bucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment